• Facebook Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
Adam DB
Dec 30, 2018

2019...?

47 comments

So, no christmas presents for the backers, but how about an official new years resolution to have every Alpha shipped by easter?

Dan Guy
Dec 30, 2018Edited: Dec 30, 2018

On Easter it will have been three years since I pre-ordered. This sounds good to me.

Thomas F
Jan 10

Radio silence from Laforge all the way through December.

No video as assured by Corey in the previous one, and it's a 1/3 of the way through January?

If you don't want me Trolling then don't give me a reason to.

Jan K.
Jan 16

I'd like to hear from at least one person who already got an alpha...

Dan Guy
Jan 16

Yeah.

If I had received my alpha I would be ALL OVER these forums talking about it.

I can only assume that they're only sending them to investors, influencers, and the press along with an NDA.

Corey | Founder |
Feb 5

Yeah and couple of customers. You won't seeing any major media blasts from us until these bad boys are in production. We learned a lot from our previous attempt to get the word out (just be quiet and wait until you have something ready to sale; also most people don't know what an alpha or beta is)

Anthony Brown
Feb 4

crickets..... I actually forgot that I invested in this project until today. I haven't seen or heard a peep.

Mosea Manna
Feb 5

...Cross your fingers with me bro. I've still got my faith in Corey.

Dan Guy
Feb 5

I forgot about it again until this reply.

Adam DB
Feb 5

@Dan Guy There's been complete radio silence since December 1st, so it's no wonder it's not on our minds every day.

As you said, I think we could expect some forum activity, not to mention tech press coverage, if anyone had actually received a pair of Alphas. I've considered myself pretty patient in this matter, but I must confess that right now I'm not expecting to see anything for my investment ..

Load more replies
Mosea Manna
Feb 5Edited: Feb 5

I'm not sure if I could have Laforge try to make another deadline, my heart has been broken too many times already haha. I hope Corey or anyone at Laforge fills us in on what we've missed out for the last month or two. Got no idea how far along they with everything, but hopefully we'll have an update on everything soon.

Corey | Founder |
Feb 5

There will be an for this month (I really hope you guys use the call in number ASAP to record a question so I can answer it when we record the show). We have shipped some alphas, made some changes and going to ship some more while increasing the amount that are going out. Betas will also be shipped this year.

We're pretty much at the end of the road when it comes to hardware development and sourcing. We are not going to detail everything we have been working on for competitive reasons, but the last three months have been busy and our most productive.

In the past, I was bad with forecasting but the entire time we've been pushing towards production and shuffling out suppliers with those who are bit more responsive, reliable, and dedicated to the cause. We are a small team that has to work with about 20 other companies just to complete this. This takes time and burns cash, but I am very happy with where we are today. More details to come....

Dan Guy
Feb 5

@Corey | Founder | There's a call in number? I'll have to re-watch the last video to see if you give it there; it's been so long I've forgotten. =9

Corey | Founder |
Feb 5

@Dan Guy Yeah its shows up multiple times in the video. It also at the very end of the video.

Load more replies
Dan Guy
Apr 16

Well, Easter isn't happening, barring a miracle.

How about Christmas? You don't even have to ship all Alphas by Christmas, just mine.... ^_^

Adam DB
Apr 16

And mine! :-D

Jan K.
Apr 16

count me in!

Matthew B
Apr 16

I mean if you have a handful I'll take one as well ;)

Dan Guy
Apr 16

The front page of laforgexd.com now states, "When your Shima Alpha Edition eyewear ships this summer..." I don't remember seeing that before. Hopeful!

Dan Guy
Apr 16

The "Vision" section of socialflo.com could use updating:

In 2017 and 2018, we are going to be transforming socialFLO and the socialFLO website into three distinct parts: the app, the portal for wearers, and a portal for developers. Foundational work for the developer site has already begun, but do not expect for LAFORGE Optical to deploy your code for wearers to download until late 2017 or early 2018.
Corey | Founder |
Apr 16

@Dan Guy Thanks! We will put someone on that. The language needs to be update in general as we now have access to better tech and a clearer idea of what the "killer app" will be

Corey | Founder |
Apr 16

As for alpha shipments, they have been going out slowly to customers since the end of 2018. We have been working on design iterations in preparation of handing things over to our new ODM. We are still making tweaks here and there. We will get to more people soon enough

Load more replies
Mosea Manna
Apr 16

Since nobody else has said it, and I don't think the laforge guys can....WOOO! LET'S FUCKING GO!!!! I'm ready for this summer.

Dan Guy
May 18

I wonder when the next update is...

Adam DB
May 18

Yeah, there was a call for questions back in the beginning of April, wasn't there?

Dan Guy
May 18

@Adam DB Was there? I remember the one of February and then nothing.

Adam DB
May 18

@Dan Guy The Don't Ask videos... Still the last post on the LaForge Facebook page.

Load more replies
  • Dan Guy
    Oct 15

It's awful. I have to re-login constantly. The notifications bell drop-down doesn't work anymore. There's no good way to view the newest posts. The formatting is annoying, injecting styling for which I never asked and do no want. I could go on.
  • Mosea Manna
    Oct 15

Hey Laforge/Corey, any way I could stop by and check the place out? 👀 Came up from Texas for a weekend trip and remembered you were up here.
  • infomativearchitect
    Oct 14

To anyone receiving prototypes or alphas interested in application-development, testing and deployment feel free to reach-out.