I'd like to get your thoughts on an idea for mod before I start designing the proposal.
I'm a runner and a Race Director for NeoEndurance. As a long-distance marathoner, I generally rely on my devices to tell me whether I'm maintaining pace, reaching my distance goals, or keeping to my cadence. My sports watch, for example, can sense my heart's beats per minute (BPM), which is important to runners who focus on reaching zones and staying within them.
The existing "Health" mod is good for active people who like to keep track of their steps. This is useless for runners who generally exceed over 10,000 steps in a single run.
I'd like to design a mod that allows the runner to see their progress (or lack thereof). It would require the need to enable GPS tracking location. Some other features:
- Using GPS tracking location to return a "half-way" point or other distance goals. ("You're half-way there. Keep it up.")
- Allow the runner to identify a location. Type in an address through the app, and let the mod give you directions (like the existing map mod). "Turn left." "Turn right." etc.
- Real-time pace tracker. This would let the runner know if their keeping pace. "8:45 / mi".
- Speed "3.2 mph"
- Distance covered "5.6 mi / Distance"
- Distance remaining "1.4 mi / Remaining"
- Calories burned.
- Motivating training coach that yells at you. "Pick up the pace!"
- History of runs that can help the runner compete with themselves using previous runs.